CHERTSEY

BOATS, BRIDGES, BOILERS ... IF IT'S GOT RIVETS, I'M RIVETTED
... feminist, atheist, autistic academic and historic narrowboater ...
Likes snooker, beer, tea, rivets and solitude, and is strangely fascinated by the cinema organ.
And there might be something about railways.
**********************************************************************************

Thursday 5 September 2013

Naughty

Once upon a time there was a new poster on CanalWorld. Her name was Phylis and she quickly became notorious for being opinionated, provocative and just generally annoying. Her biggest crime of course was to have a big shiny yogurt pot for a boat and not to be ashamed of it.

But I found that over the years, Phylis grew on me. Without wanting to sound patronising, she matured and mellowed - and I was won over by her enthusiasm and love for a boat that couldn't be more different from my passion. I like to think also that when Naughty-Cal encountered Chertsey patiently awaiting a spare part at Torksey, a mutual understanding and respect began to be forged. What's more, Rachel (for she is Phylis no more) writes a damn good blog. So I have at long last added it to the blogroll - great recipes and an insight into a very different kind of boating.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I never knew she wrote a blog! Thanks. She is a regular commenter on mine, so it will be nice to reciprocate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, I've just realised she and I live in the same city...

      Delete
  2. Cheers Sarah.

    Still gutted I missed the photo chance of NC and Chertsey bow to bow. Would have made a great shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bow to fore end ;-)
      What would the height difference have been? And in which direction? Still look forward to meeting Naughty-Cal one day - and maybe taking you ditch crawling!

      Delete
  3. And of course it is very interesting reading about Naughty-Cal's seagoing adventures as that is just the sort of thing we will be doing on Singapore II.... One day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is much sensible on PBO but how can you be so sanguine about someone who boasts about drinking "Bud"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I reckone Chetseys bow would have been about the same height as NC's bow but then we have the rails above.

    Pretty impressive boat you have though Sarah, for a narrowboat :)

    ReplyDelete