CHERTSEY

BOATS, BRIDGES, BOILERS ... IF IT'S GOT RIVETS, I'M RIVETTED
... feminist, atheist, autistic academic and historic narrowboater ...
Likes snooker, beer, tea, rivets and solitude, and is strangely fascinated by the cinema organ.
And there might be something about railways.
**********************************************************************************

Monday 2 February 2015

's no good

Lucky Nev, down in Fradley, getting snow that looks pretty then obligingly disappears. Up here we got eight inches last Thursday, and it's showing no sign of being in any hurry to go. Thursday itself was relatively mild, and the well trodden pavements were inches deep in slush while the gutters with their invariably blocked drains were deep elephant traps of mud flavoured slush puppie, indistinguishable from the thin layer on the kerb.

On Friday I took advantage of the fact that I could work from home, and I confess, I did not leave the house for three days, just looked frequently out of the window as each day the snow started to thaw, and then froze again. Today I ventured out to the shops, and the pavements were still covered in a thick layer of frozen snow - fortunately, not too slippery, but rough and uneven. Tomorrow I have to go to work. I'm just hoping that the pavements on the main thoroughfares will be clear by now.

When I was a child, I simply couldn't understand parents who moaned about the snow. How I must be getting old now!

1 comment:

  1. We had the same conversation last night. At what point does snow become a problem rather then something to be happy about? I have certainly had enough of it for one year, although they are forecasting we could have a bit more over the next couple of days.

    ReplyDelete