CHERTSEY

BOATS, BRIDGES, BOILERS ... IF IT'S GOT RIVETS, I'M RIVETTED
... feminist, atheist, autistic academic and historic narrowboater ...
Likes snooker, beer, tea, rivets and solitude, and is strangely fascinated by the cinema organ.
And there might be something about railways.
**********************************************************************************

Friday 21 April 2017

Duck!

I don't think this really counts as Day 14, from the outside of the marina at Alvecote to the mooring behind the pub, seemed like a very long time, all in reverse... Having got the boat cleared out and cleaned up and the cars loaded, I undertook this final challenge and was helped rather than hindered by the breeze that had been worrying me all morning, and successfully tucked in and tied up next to Birmingham. Hmm, how appropriate. Last night was Curry Night in the Barlow and I for one was quite relieved after the previous night's mixed grill to have something a bit lighter (and to be relieved of the burden of too much choice).

I've downloaded and looked through my photos from the trip (well, the ones on the camera anyway - there are still the ones on the iPhone from when the camera wasn't to hand). I've enjoyed playing with the SLR again and I'm even considering getting another lens for it. At the moment I have an 18-55mm and a 75-300mm - but guess what - I really miss the 50-75 range. With my previous camera I used a 35-70 nearly all the time.

Just for starters, here is a photo of a stowaway who tried to join us on day 2, at Hopwas Wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment